.:. Ken's Live Journal: Bibles Stories

Saturday, May 12, 2007

Bibles Stories


Over the last week the Lord has been gracious to let us hear a little of how He is using the Bible. It is encouraging but not surprising. After all God’s Word is “living and active” and “will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire.”

Remember the guy who was asking “What should I do?” a while back? I was able to tell him the Lord brought me there to give him a Bible, and it had the answers. I then recommended for him to read the book of John. After a number of attempts over the last few months to see him again we finally connected last week. What was practically the first thing he said? “I read John and it was perfect for me, what should I read next?”

Gary is a friend from Canada who has been taking classes at the school. The other day he was walking down the street when he spotted the husband of the “flower lady” reading the Bible. Taking the opportunity to encourage him, Gary discovered he loved reading the Bible. Together they also discovered it was a Bible that we had given the man’s wife. Returning later on, there the man sat still absorbed in his reading.

One person we know at the school is a security guard. While leaving school one day I struck up a conversation to see how she was doing. Inquiring about her family she reminded me she has three children and told me a little about them. Then out of the blue she added, “My middle child really enjoys reading the Bible you gave us.”

These my friends are answers to our prayers. We believe that it’s just the tip of the iceberg. That out of relationship – long or short – many more will gladly receive the Word and accept it “not as the word of men, but as it actually is the word of God”.

Where do we go from here? Who knows for certain but there are more neighbors, more shop attendants and more teachers who are ready. We are moving into a neighborhood of thirteen thousand homes. Why shouldn’t, why couldn’t they all have God’s Word in their hands and hearts? We are moving into a city of five million. The opportunities are boundless and our God is limitless!


David - Daniel - Gary

2 Comments:

  • At Monday, May 14, 2007 4:21:00 PM, Blogger Keith Goodling said…

    Praise God! He can, and does, do what He wants, the way He wants, when He wants, and with whom He chooses! does the pot have have anything to say to the potter besides, "use me as you see fit, for your glory alone, my maker, master and king!" what an awesome God we serve. thanks for sharing. it's encourages us greatly! Lord bless you in your obedience.

     
  • At Tuesday, May 15, 2007 7:04:00 PM, Blogger Angie Velasquez Thornton said…

    What a wonderful encouragement you are. May the Lord grant us equal boldness in a society that is a lot more individualistic and opposed to "religion."

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


© 2005 Last One Designs | Last Updated: 12/13/2005
Questions or Comments -- ken@kneelingwetriumph.com