.:. Ken's Live Journal: Christmas Adventure

Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Christmas Adventure


What better way to start a Christmas adventure than being in the world’s largest city before daylight…lost. And what do you do in said condition? First, pray. Second, call a missionary you’ve never met to get him out of bed and say, “Help.” Third, stop a taxi, hand him a cell phone, and let missionary tell him your predicament. Fourth, drive like a mad man to follow him to the on ramp. We did see the hand of God as three taxis passed us up to get the one who was a super nice guy.

Our family set a personal best in travel hours for one day – sixteen. Never again! I hope.

Saturday was Daniel’s birthday and as part of the celebration the boys from the family went to see the Houston Rockets play the Los Angeles Clippers. Houston features the NBA’s tallest player in 7’5” Yao Ming from China. Watching an NBA game is much more that a ballgame, it was a night of entertainment. It could only have been better if his favorite team the Phoenix Suns had been in town. None-the-less it was a birthday evening to remember.

In a cold 47 degree drizzle on Christmas Eve our children and their cousins had a wild and crazy time alternating between hot tub and polar bear dip. What kind of parents do they have anyway?

Maria got her wish during this adventure by having her ears pierced.

During this season our houses are filled with Christmas trees, decorative lights and garland. The house of the Lord is adorned as well. It’s beautiful and breathtaking, “…holiness adorns your house for endless days, O Lord.” As we take down the Christmas trimmings over the next few days and pack them up for another year, the adornment of the Lord continues in all its brilliance.

2 Comments:

  • At Wednesday, December 27, 2006 9:36:00 PM, Blogger Jodi said…

    I need to see pictures of Maria's ears! I love you guys and miss you. Can you send me Phil and Delisa's address as I haven't sent them a Thank You yet (yes, once again I have procrastinated =) I also need updated pictures of the wee doggy named Chelsae, and the rest of the family too, of course. Hee Hee Hee! I had a really good cup of tea tonight at Gma and Gpa's and thought of you. I wish I could be there to sit and talk around the table again. I do miss the Saturday/Sunday missionary stories as well. I'll talk to guys later. I hope that you've been refreshed as you celebrated Christ's Birth and I'll pray for a wonderful trip home with much less transition and anxiety than the last trip down. Grace and Peace to you in the Name of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

     
  • At Thursday, December 28, 2006 12:16:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey gang! I can't wait to see Maria's ears too!

    I am glad to hear you had an eventful Christmas- hope this new year brings you much joy! I laughed at the "call a veteran missionary and have him speak to the taxi driver" line...I did that my entire six months in India...sometimes I'm tempted to do the same thing here in Chicago!

    Miss you guys-

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


© 2005 Last One Designs | Last Updated: 12/13/2005
Questions or Comments -- ken@kneelingwetriumph.com