.:. Ken's Live Journal: Memo

Saturday, July 12, 2014

Memo




Memo
To: the ladies who discuss theological and philosophical issues on Sunday afternoons
From: K.E.H
Date: 7/12/2014
Topic: questions for discussion

·         Do I see myself primarily as a “saved sinner” or a “saint who still sins”?
·         When I talk to God, do I spend more time rehearsing my failures or enjoying His presence?
·         Am I drawn to severe authors and preachers who challenge me to “get serious about sin” or those who encourage me to trust this new identity in me?
·         Am I drawn to messages telling me I haven’t done enough or those that remind me of who I am so that I’m free to live out this life God’s given me?
·         Do I trust disciplines to make me strong or grace to strengthen me?
·         Do I read the Bible as “You ought. You should. Why can’t you? When will you?” or as “You can.  This is who you now are.”


Ladies, Diana and I have been reading a book entitled The Cure by John Lynch.  It encourages us to live out of our true identity in Christ through a narrative that explores the difference between living in the Room of Good Intentions and the Room of Grace. 

Across the facade of the building that houses the Room of Good Intentions there is a sign that reads: Striving Hard To Be All God Wants Me To Be and an embroidered banner inside reading: Working On My Sin To Achieve An Intimate Relationship With God.

Similarly for the Room of Grace with the front reading:  Living Out Of Who God Says I Am, and the banner: Standing With God, My Sin In Front Of Us, Working On It Together. 

The questions came from this book and should give you ample reasons for a good discussion the next time you’re together.  


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


© 2005 Last One Designs | Last Updated: 12/13/2005
Questions or Comments -- ken@kneelingwetriumph.com