.:. Ken's Live Journal: Time For Dad’s Day

Monday, June 21, 2010

Time For Dad’s Day

Yesterday was time for Dad’s Day and it met up to expectations…..this is saying a lot. Often big days have turned out to be big bummers because of my big expectations. I’ve learned (a slow, painstaking process) to lower them a bit and just enjoy the day for what it brings. It was great! We had a great Father’s Day meal of steak fajitas and a round of encouraging words for Dad. Afterwards Diana and I went on a “date” for coffee, then the girls and I took a walk around Little Beaver Lake. Good stuff.

The girls gave me a Hallmark coupon book filled with great gifts like: This coupon entitles Dad to keep one gizmo, doodad, or thingamajig that he’s supposed to throw away; Redeem this coupon for uninterrupted viewing of any televised sporting event (offer extends to two of Dad’s buddies); This coupon is good for everyone’s undivided attention during one of Dad’s stories, even if it begins with “when I was your age.”; This coupon guarantees pizza for dinner…loaded with Dad’s favorite toppings! The Aero Sport cologne was a pretty cool gift too.

I had a chance to talk to my Dad. While it was still long distance, it seems a lot closer when we are only a couple of hundred miles apart instead of thousands. I’m proud to have a dad whose life reminds me not to get above my raising. Dad appreciates things from years past. I get the desire to live life simply from him. I also learned his approach to finances – set aside the “Lord’s money”, and if you don’t have it, don’t spend it. Oh yes, we still follow the Big Orange together.

Dad’s day was a good day. Made special by my dad and by my children. They make me proud and I love’em all!



1 Comments:

  • At Tuesday, June 22, 2010 3:54:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ken, from my perspective;you are a great dad. your hearts desire for your family-your kids is in line with the Lord's. watching you the past 3 years or so has challenged me to raise the bar...thanks for seeking to be a committed, passionate, honest, humble and focused Christ follower.

    i am proud to call you friend.
    KG

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


© 2005 Last One Designs | Last Updated: 12/13/2005
Questions or Comments -- ken@kneelingwetriumph.com