.:. Ken's Live Journal: My Wonderful Wife

Tuesday, June 08, 2010

My Wonderful Wife


I have a friend who reminds me every so often that I “married above my head.” Outside of my mom and a relative or two, no one would really argue the point. I’m alright with it too because I do indeed have a wonderful wife.
Last week Diana and I stole away to the Church Street Bed and Breakfast in Lewisburg to celebrate our 22nd wedding anniversary. Friday afternoon found us sitting together on the second story porch. No hurried activity. Just being together. Reading, talking and saying nothing. As we sat there soaking up the moment it began to rain - slow and steady before rushing into a down pour……finally tapering off into drips off the trees as the birds made their reappearance to share their beautiful songs. It was a refreshing moment and an opportunity to appreciate my wonderful wife. Here are some things I jotted down about our lives together:
We live alive in the ordinary and the routine – I guess it’s a sign of getting older or maybe it’s just getting a big adventure out of the system, but there is aliveness in our relationship through the ordinary….a morning walk, sitting by a camp fire, having tea, reminiscing, listening to music, sitting on a porch swing or just reading. And it’s good.
We stand in the gap for one another – Diana compliments me in so many ways from accounting for the finances to helping find my keys....again. She is an amazingly gifted woman.
We journey and grow together – Journeys and the growth that comes through them are not always pleasant and sometimes they are. Either way it is very fulfilling to have a wife at my side with whom to share and glean insight and change and grow.
We share sacred moments – A quiet prayer, a needed spiritual insight, set apart time on Sunday morning, hanging out with a group of burning hearts, looking over the Grand Canyon ….as well as all the ordinarily sacred times I just listed above.
Lord, I have found Your favor in the gift of my wonderful wife.”

This photo was snapped on the second floor porch just before the downpour.

In the back yard with books and a nice noisy fountain to keep us company.

The girls gave us this Willow Tree (Anniversary - Love ever endures) gift. We had been admiring these figurines for a good while now.

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


© 2005 Last One Designs | Last Updated: 12/13/2005
Questions or Comments -- ken@kneelingwetriumph.com