.:. Ken's Live Journal: What Did You Learn? – Q & A

Saturday, April 17, 2010

What Did You Learn? – Q & A


Here’s a smattering of what we learned over the last four years.

What did you learn about yourselves?
• We were much more “successful” in the Christian life when things were pretty much routine, safe and controllable.

What did you give the kids?
• That they can follow God into what and where He is leading them regardless of their season of life – free to be adventurous.
• An experience of another culture and the enrichment of seeing life from another perspective.

What did we learn about ministry?
• Focus on the things God has put in your heart to do, not the things screaming to be done.

What did you learn about spiritually?
• The importance of community in our lives
• The Christian life is a Trinitarian experience and to pray: Father, establish me in the foundational truths of Yourself; transform me by the Gospel of Jesus Christ; control me by the indwelling Holy Spirit

What did you learn about missionaries?
• An understanding of why missionaries indulge themselves whether on food, questionable content or unhealthy relationships. Under enough stress you begin to think, “I deserve this, I owe myself a little pleasure, I need the relief.”

What did you learn to appreciate about Mexico?
• Bright colors; tortillas; inexpensive public transportation; fresh fruits & vegetables; fresh bread & pastries; sunny cheerful days; soccer; open air cafes and restaurants; great buys on flowers; traditional markets; u-turns; cappuccinos

Ken how have you changed?
• How I view the world – I see the world through a third world lens
• How I view myself – I see myself through the fullness of the gospel
• How I view spiritual conflict – I see how the enemy’s lies cause bondage

Diana how have you changed?
• Children – I have become more aware of what they need for life
• Confidence – I have grown in facing new situations
• Criticalness – I have learned to see missionaries, parents, others’ beliefs with more acceptance

Did you learn anything else?
• The necessity of laughter, living life with zest and a twinkle in the eye

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


© 2005 Last One Designs | Last Updated: 12/13/2005
Questions or Comments -- ken@kneelingwetriumph.com