.:. Ken's Live Journal: Ken’s On First

Friday, October 09, 2009

Ken’s On First

Something you should know is that if you ever intend for your child to live in a Spanish speaking country do not name them Ken. In Spanish the word quien (which means “who”) is pronounced pretty much like Ken. You can imagine the possibilities. It’s the Mexican equivalent to “Who’s on first?”
I had one of those conversations just the other evening when someone called the wrong number and reached our home. The conversation went and usually goes something like this…
“Good evening”
“Who am I talking to?”
“Who” (Ken)
Who am I talking to?”
“Who”
“Who am I talking to?”
“Who”
“You”
“Who”
“You, who are you?”
“Who”
“You, what is your name?”
“Who, who is my name”
“You, what is your name?”
“Who, who, who is my name.”
“Who?”
“Who.”
“You.”
A couple of years ago when we went out to Houston it seemed to be a big deal to a lot of you when Maria got her ears pierced. Well since that day Christina has been dreaming of her chance. Problem is that girls get their ears pierced in hospitals at birth. So that leaves only tattoo and piercing parlors as an option for her. I’m glad to announce that some friends recently sent us a piercing gun and that Christina after 11 long unbearable years has pierced ears.
I saw another first the other day. I was painting at our new meeting location and saw the gardener’s wife scrubbing clothes. It’s common to see women scrubbing their family’s clothes. As a matter of fact many sinks have an old time washboard built in. But this lady had her clothes soaking in three large water buckets and was scrubbing them in a wheel barrow. I admire the ingenuity. Our lives are forever change by this experience.

This is what we have to work with

Daneil's early morning photo after a 5:00am airport run

6 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


© 2005 Last One Designs | Last Updated: 12/13/2005
Questions or Comments -- ken@kneelingwetriumph.com