.:. Ken's Live Journal: The Secret Place

Friday, September 04, 2009

The Secret Place

Do you have a secret place where you meet with God? A tranquil, peaceful, quiet place to settle down for a few minutes and be alone with Him undisturbed. A place where you have a heightened sense of God’s presence. I grew up in the mountains of Tennessee beside my aunt. She was always on the lookout for a new place to have her quiet time – on the deck overlooking the mountains, in a little attic room, behind the house near a flowering tree, down beside the creek, in her bedroom where she had set up a reading corner, in a wooded area.

The idea of finding a special place to meet with God has been engrained within me. I read recently of someone who had an oversized bathroom and used the extra space to create a “prayer closet”. She hung artwork in that corner, lights candles and retreats there for the sole purpose of prayer.

Certainly we can’t say this idea is strange or foreign to the Bible. Peter went to the roof-top to pray, Moses went to the mountain to meet God, Daniel went to his upstairs room and opened the windows to Jerusalem, and Jesus Himself went out to the mountainside to pray.

While I seldom ask for comments on this blog (though I appreciate them greatly), I would be interested to hear from you. Where is that place(s) for you? If you don’t have such a place I encourage you to look for one, and if you can’t find one create one. God is waiting to meet you there.

1 Comments:

  • At Tuesday, September 15, 2009 8:03:00 PM, Blogger Jessi said…

    Right now it's the gray chair in our living room, with a side table just for my tea beside it. But, you've challenged me to try to think outside my box and come up with more areas. I guess the secret's out now ;)

    Love you all!

    Jessi

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


© 2005 Last One Designs | Last Updated: 12/13/2005
Questions or Comments -- ken@kneelingwetriumph.com