.:. Ken's Live Journal: Too Late To Say Goodbye

Friday, August 07, 2009

Too Late To Say Goodbye


Posted by Daniel the day before leaving for Africa:

So maybe Hotel Rwanda wasn't the best movie to watch right before heading off to Africa. I think I came to realize this while we were in Wal-mart getting some last minute shopping done before our flight. Josiah asked me what my biggest fear was, so I answered that I'm most scared of dying.
I guess all of us have fears of the "unknown" but maybe just maybe God uses those fears to create a drive in us to seek Him. So that we may come to a fuller reliance on Him.
Can any of us say we are totally surrendered to Christ?? Couldn't our doubts and insecurity be used by God so that we might surrender greater depths of our lives to Him.
Sometimes I think we in America live somewhat sheltered lives. We have no fear of not coming back from work alive. But for me and a group of young people headed to Kenya and Burundi this will be different. Will we not ask ourselves will we be ok?? While we pack our clothes and cameras will our minds not drift back to the horrible genocide in Rwanda.
God let this be my prayer that in everything I would serve You. God take the fears from my heart and help me fully rely on You.
Young People In Africa is a blog of five young people traveling to Kenya and Burundi in order to spread Christ's love to those in need. It's a window into the minds of these young people. Take time to read it regularly, comment and most of all pray for their journey.

1 Comments:

  • At Saturday, August 08, 2009 3:37:00 PM, Blogger Josiah said…

    We are praying for you Daniel. I hope that your trip will bless those whom you meet and that you will be forever changed and challenged through your experience.

    Say hello to the african sky for me.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


© 2005 Last One Designs | Last Updated: 12/13/2005
Questions or Comments -- ken@kneelingwetriumph.com