.:. Ken's Live Journal: Why Me?

Saturday, December 08, 2007

Why Me?


These lines have lain dormant on my computer for months:

Why me? Why am I the one You have sent to this foreign country? There are many others who are more talented in language and get it quickly. There are many others who have more abilities and can be far more useful. There are many others who know You more intimately and would show others the way. There are many others who are better parents and could lead their family through these land mines of life. There are many others who are natural leaders and can provide strong leadership. Why me?

These are not the ranting of a malcontent questioning the Lord with, “Why have you done this to me?” but the searching thoughts of someone who feels inadequate to accomplish the mission. The answer has been lurking in the back of my mind for quite some time, but in a flash this week it came a little more into focus.

“But he said to me, ‘My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.’”

There’s the answer - “my power is made perfect in weakness.” But is there something more here, a grain of truth that challenges my spiritual perception? Yes, it’s wrapped up in that little word – delight. It's the word that turns my questioning on its head and gives room for His power to rest upon me. Oh, for the grace to delight!

(Above Ken enjoys a few grasshoppers.)

6 Comments:

  • At Monday, December 10, 2007 5:23:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I appreciate your effort in communicating with those who support you in prayer with your emails and journaling. It is wonderful!
    Praise God that he has taught you a truth which I am sure you already knew, but not as personal and as real as this seems to be for you right now.
    praying for you,

    Tyson Hodge

     
  • At Tuesday, December 11, 2007 1:01:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    We think about you and your family , we talk about you all and we pray for y'all. It is so great we have news from you weekly. Appreciate your ministry in Mexico. continue to miss you all but are so eager to hear what God is doing thru your being faithful to Him in a "strange" land.
    Valorie Hancock

     
  • At Tuesday, December 11, 2007 9:00:00 PM, Blogger Jessi said…

    Dear Harers,

    It was so good to hear from you Sunday. His power is truly perfected in our weakness. We love you and miss you very much.

     
  • At Wednesday, December 12, 2007 2:14:00 PM, Blogger Angie Velasquez Thornton said…

    i know what you mean about feeling weak. we feel impotent! but i have always found comfort in that verse from 2 corinthians - it's one of my life verses. so, what do grasshoppers taste like?

     
  • At Wednesday, December 12, 2007 6:41:00 PM, Blogger Ken, Diana, Daniel, Maria, Christina said…

    Grasshoppers - Crunchy, salty, lemony, tasty.

     
  • At Thursday, December 13, 2007 3:00:00 PM, Blogger Jodi said…

    You've eaten grasshopers successfully, now I think it's time to move on to something a little more challenging ... alacrones perhaps?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


© 2005 Last One Designs | Last Updated: 12/13/2005
Questions or Comments -- ken@kneelingwetriumph.com