.:. Ken's Live Journal: Apostilled!

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Apostilled!



Evidently the Lord is preparing us for dealing with foreign governments. It all started with a trip to our County Courthouse to get a simple apostille. Never mind that I didn’t know exactly what it was nor exactly who to see for one. First stop was office #1. There I was directed to office #2. Office #2 personnel had no idea what an apostille was but said I could wait for the clerk to return or try office #1.

So, I made my way back to office #1 just to be told they had never heard of an apostille and that I must be pronouncing it incorrectly or that the mission must have spelled it incorrectly. They invited me to come back when I knew what I needed. Hoping that the clerk had returned I moseyed back to office #2. She had returned but had never heard of an apostille.

Thankfully, someone took pity on me and looked the information up on the internet. What is an apostille? It is an official certification that a document going to a foreign country is authentic such as a marriage or birth certificate. Where do you get them? In another office, in another building, in another city of course. And so begins the run around of getting things done in a not so foreign government.

1 Comments:

  • At Thursday, April 27, 2006 4:04:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    TOO FUNNY - LOVE THE PICTURE!

    Ken,
    Keep your sense of humor - you might just need it where you're going! I got a good chuckle out of that "Apostill?" experience.
    Thought you might be speaking of an Apostle...hmmmm. :-)

    Best wishing and many blessings,
    Cheryl

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


© 2005 Last One Designs | Last Updated: 12/13/2005
Questions or Comments -- ken@kneelingwetriumph.com