.:. Ken's Live Journal: Wear a Tea Cozy Day

Saturday, September 17, 2011

Wear a Tea Cozy Day

This is no joke. Thursday, September 22nd is “Wear a Tea Cozy on Your Head Day.” I learned about it this week when a friend sent us a link to White Stuff, a clothing store in the United Kingdom who is sponsoring the day. (For you non tea drinkers, the cozy is a cover used to insulate the tea pot to keep the tea hot.)

Checking out their website I discovered that there is also a mug shot contest to go along with the day. The winner receives 200£ of White Stuff stuff. Awesome! Enlisting my wife we did a photo shoot in order to send in a prize winning entry. Looking over all of my options I eventually settled on the Teapot Spout in the Ear shot. While reading the terms of agreement it was a real downer to discover that only UK residents could enter the contest. (That’s United Kingdom not University of Kentucky.) I sent in the photo anyway. Along with the following note:

“I wanted to get in on the fun...maybe you could recognize an honorable mention from your international fans. My wife and I take a cup of tea practically every day. Our mottos: ‘Better to be deprived of food for three days than tea for one.’ ~ Chinese Proverb and ‘You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.’ ~C.S. Lewis”

I’m sure there must be a few other tea cozy heads out there who have the courage to be a little crazy, so here and now I’m announcing my own contest for “Wear a Tea Cozy on Your Head Day.” For those of you who would like to enter go to my facebook wall and post your super cool mug. There will be a winner selected and a prize giveaway. (Knowing me it will probably be some sort of book, a blizzard or a beverage.) You have between now and September 22nd to post your photo. This is an international contest and will not be limited to US residents only. Family members are welcome to join in on the fun, too.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


© 2005 Last One Designs | Last Updated: 12/13/2005
Questions or Comments -- ken@kneelingwetriumph.com