.:. Ken's Live Journal: Wedding Album Memories

Tuesday, June 04, 2013

Wedding Album Memories




I guess I’m one of those people who would grab their photo albums if ever called to escape with their life.  These days photos are necessary prompts to a faulty memory.

This morning I pulled up a chair at the kitchen table and reminisced while pouring over our wedding album.  Stories and details came flooding back…or not.  I was struck with some of the little details that came to mind and some of the important details have been forgotten. 

Photo #19 – It is the recessional and I have the silliest grin on my face.  Little did I know what I was getting into…how much growing we would both need to do and what a treasure had come into my life.

Photo #22 – The three tiered cake was decorated in pastels of pink, peach and blue.  Afterwards we would freeze individual slices and eat a piece at our anniversary for the next ten years.  Only an electrical outage stopped the tradition.

Photo #23 – I notice for the first time that we are holding hands as we lift punch cups and steal a kiss.

Photo #27 – My pastor from Tennessee and Diana’s dad officiated the wedding.  Just as the ceremony was concluding the fire alarm went off.  In good fire alarm fashion everyone remain seated.  We owe this memory to Mike and Lisa’s daughter who reached from her mother’s arms to pull the alarm.

Photo #30 – Diana was a radiant and beautiful June bride. 

Photo #33 & 34 – Parents, grandparents, and a great grandmother witnessed our vows before God in this holy, mystical union.  We have a rich and godly heritage.

Photo #55 – Bird seed flies all around as we make a dash for the car.  I later discovered it in the pockets of my jacket while on the way to a Bed & Breakfast in Mount Airy.  Some of those seeds still remain in my pocket. 

Today we celebrate our 25th Wedding Anniversary.  

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


© 2005 Last One Designs | Last Updated: 12/13/2005
Questions or Comments -- ken@kneelingwetriumph.com