.:. Ken's Live Journal: Thanksgiving 365

Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Thanksgiving 365

If Aunt Alma were still around she would ring out her often repeated phrase for this time of year, “Every day ought to be Thanksgiving Day!” It wasn’t that she didn’t enjoy Thanksgiving Day (she enjoyed a grand meal along with everyone else) but it was her reminder that being thankful is a 365 day occasion. At the risk of running a shopping list journal here are some of the things, big and small, I am thankful for these days.

I am thankful for…my mom holding on and continuing to make a wonderful recovery…family and friends who stick with us…all the enjoyment our children have found riding their scooters in our house…a piece of that miracle coming to pass…the exciting adventure of taking the cross to another people group…for a cup of tea, conversation and prayer with my wife…new friends we have met along the way…a good game of carrom or croquet…new challenges and fresh reasons to trust God…a good belly laugh…hobo dinners to celebrate 40th birthdays…our small group support system…a lamp for my feet and a light for my path…a good book and warm fire…Christmas season…pumpkin pie…those who take the time to read these crazy entries and feel the need to pray for us…

1 Comments:

  • At Wednesday, January 04, 2006 11:59:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi,I read everything. Excellent. Since I visited 240 Narrow Way years ago as a college friend of your aunt Grace I could picture much in my mind. Your Christmas traditions are great. Yes, thanksgiving should be 365 days a year. I remember Aunt Alma as the giver of Grace's opal ring which she cherished. Since I don't know what a blog really is I won't check anything but anonymous for now. Prefer to use just email, but thought you should have a comment. Keep pressing on!--a friend njc

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


© 2005 Last One Designs | Last Updated: 12/13/2005
Questions or Comments -- ken@kneelingwetriumph.com